Friday, June 10, 2011

Phase 2

Now that I have a bit of a core building up - and the weather is really starting to shine - time for phase two. That includes two things. First, I'm cutting way back on the drinking - of anything other than water. This especially includes alcohol of course but also energy drinks, sports drinks, and soda. I'll do the occasional milk or fruit juice but that's it.

And second, it's time to ramp up the activity level. So in addition to the walking desk I am going to add a couple of things to the regimen. I intend to run a Marine Physical Fitness Test (from when I was in) every Saturday morning. This includes max effort pullups (20 for a perfect score), timed sit-ups (80 in 2 min), and a timed 3-mile run (sub-18:00 for a perfect score). I will post these numbers as well after each PFT.

I also hope to get back into racquetball 1x/week and to lifting 2x/week, once for chest & triceps and once for legs (press, curl, hamstring curl).

No comments:

Post a Comment